SHIRLEY’S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION TO BENEFIT GOSHEN PUBLIC LIBRARY June 16 celebration to include buy-one-get-one specials, a free coloring contest, and more. GOSHEN, Ind. – Shirley’s Gourmet Popcorn Company will donate 100% of sales at its Goshen location to the Goshen Public Library during Shirley’s Birthday Celebration on June 16. The day’s activities will include buy-one-get-one specials, a free coloring contest, story time, and free theatre style popcorn for customers who dress like their favorite book character. The annual celebration will be held on Saturday, June 16 at Shirley’s in downtown Goshen located at 106 N. Main St. “As a brand, Shirley’s is committed to reading and literacy,” said Kate Leaman, Shirley’s Goshen store owner. “We are proud to support our local public library with the day’s full schedule of offers and events.” Customers of all ages are invited to participate in a free coloring contest in-store on June 16 and receive a copy of the original story book, “Timothy Troyer Tries Toast.” The book’s awardwinning illustrator, Jenny Hanf, created the coloring page, which customers can pick up in-store or download at bit.ly/shirleyscoloringpage. At 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 5 p.m., Goshen store owner Kate Leaman will host a free story time for children. Additionally, customers are invited to participate in a book drive with new or gently used books to be donated to the Boys and Girls Club of Goshen. Guests who visit the store on Shirley’s birthday dressed as their favorite book character will receive a free cone of theatre style popcorn. Social media followers can vote online for their favorite costume after the event, with the winner receiving a $25 Shirley’s gift card. Shirley’s Gourmet Popcorn Company was founded in Bluffton, Ohio, in 2009 and currently has corporate and franchise locations in Indiana, Ohio and Virginia. Since 2014, Shirley’s family of franchisees have donated more than $35,000 to reading and literacy organizations in their communities.
Saturday, June 16 Promotions
• 100% of sales donated to the Goshen Public Library
• Buy one bag of popcorn, get one bag FREE (equal or lesser value, limit two free bags)
• FREE coloring contest, all participants receive free copies of “Timothy Troyer Tries Toast” picture book and random prize drawing
• FREE Theatre Style popcorn for customers dressed as their favorite book character with a chance to win a $25 Shirley’s gift card
• Story time with owner Kate Leaman reading “Timothy Troyer Tries Toast” at 11 a.m., 2 p.m., and 5 p.m. • New and gently used book drive to benefit the Boys and Girls Club of Goshen
FOR MORE INFORMATION: www.shirleyspopcorn.com www.shirleysfranchising.com