Penguin Point Franchise Systems, Inc. began as a carhop drive-in on June 6, 1950 by two Stouder families, Wallace and Mary Stouder and his brother Lloyd and Heleta Stouder was only open during the summer. The present corporation was formed by the two brothers in June 1961 and now operates 14 restaurants in northern Indiana, a catering company, and a restaurant equipment company.
The first restaurant was opened at the junction of State Roads 13 and 15 in Wabash and stills operates today as one of the top units in the chain. Penguin Point is famous for their Tenderloin sandwich that was developed at this location in the early 50?s by the company founder, Wallace E. Stouder Sr. Penguin Point has also become widely known for fresh chicken, Idaho French Fries and their double deck Big Wally sandwich. Quality, Variety, and Service continue to be their focus for growth.
Indiana Restaurant Equipment Corporation was acquired in 1964 and is primarily engaged in engineering, design, and installation of institutional kitchens for schools, hospitals, jails, and nursing homes. They also have a 12,000 square foot showroom featuring new and used equipment, supplies and gifts for the professional or home cooking enthusiast.
Penguin Point Catering was started in 1968 to provide in-house feeding for special events at factories. Today, the Catering Division continues with in-house feeding and has developed a strong following in formal events such as weddings, honor dinners, and holiday banquets. Services are available anywhere in northern Indiana fo